2.3.3. Multiscale simulation¶
126.96.36.199. Task 4 - electrophysiological simulation¶
In this example, we explore the effect of spatial resolution of the numerical method in the simulation of a monodomain electrophysiology simulation.
- Run MAP Client, choose
- This simple workflow should look similar to that used in task 1 above (Fig. 2.21). The workflow is pre-configured so there is no configuration required.
- Click the Execute button and you should get a widget displayed as per Fig. 2.28.
- You can now investigate the effect of changing the spatial resolution. Example results are shown in Fig. 2.29.
- You need to be careful in your choice of mesh resolution as it can easily take forever to solve. Have a play and think about the following questions:
- How long are you prepared to wait for a suitable simulation result?
- Why do you need a higher mesh resolution in the x-direction than the y-direction to achieve a reasonable solution?
- What is the lowest mesh resolution that gives a reasonable solution compared to the provided converged solution?